11.04.2008

Again?!?

It's been one of those days again - I spend hours messing with the blog, trying out new backgrounds, changing the fonts, etc., etc. I keep hearing "Are you going to vote?", "When are you going to vote?" and "Are you waiting for the girls to get home before you get dressed?" Don't we all need days when we don't do much of anything? Besides, David is in the bedroom with both the boys - napping. He may have gotten dressed and voted before me, but he hasn't really accomplished anything more. It's cold and rainy outside and I can't think of anything better than to do something I want to do - be lazy and create something - it may not really show, but I have a feeling of accomplishing something when I pull up my blog. Plus, this is my way of keeping a journal (for now) and keeping up on what's new. I should be better about writing in a journal - I think I have a couple of empty journal around here, but every time I write in one and then go back to see what I've written, I realize that I'm not a very good writer and write about silly and unimportant things. I'm not talking about everyday things that are important, but the really unimportant things. (I think most of them contained entries about my latest crush.) I guess I always felt like I was deeper than that when I was younger and reading about it and being reminded of it makes me kind of sad. I feel the same way when I get teased about how I acted as a child - I don't like being reminded that I was the "annoying, teasing, loud, had to be in the center" child - I want to be known for the good things that I did - hopefully someone out there remembers something good that I did. I know I had my moments, but didn't we all? I guess what's really important is that I learned from all my experiences and have grown into a person to be proud of - and continue to learn and grow into a better person. After all, isn't that what this life is all about?

1 comment:

Gennifer said...

My way-too-overused comment for the day... "Don't sweat the small stuff!"

Hope tomorrow is equally satisfying for you, creatively. :)