11.28.2008

Thanksgiving

We had such a great time at our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. All of David's family gets together every other year - we had about 45 people there yesterday. We always get the stake center - nobody's house is quite big enough. We also have a tradition to do a talent show on the stage. The grandkids all love it - I know my kids plan all year what they want to do and practice - although Maddie has been practicing for months and didn't do what she had planned. It's really great to see the different talents that everyone has developed over the previous two years. We have anything from dancing, comedy acts, sign language, singing, musical instruments and dramatic readings - it's always lots of fun and entertaining. This year Maddie decided to dance - she hasn't taken any lessons and just made it up as she went along. She and I also sang "I'll Walk With You" from the Primary song book (Haylee, Maddie and I sang it at our primary program). Luke surprised everyone by singing "Apologize" - it was way too cute! I've posted a video from it - hope you enjoy!!

4 comments:

Grady said...

hey i can't watch the video because there isn't a way to pause your blog music!

Gennifer said...

hey. I CAN watch the video, because I'm smarter than my brother. It was cute. Still don't know the song. :)

Gennifer said...

You think you're sooooo sneaky, huh? Congrats!

Anonymous said...

YeaH!!!! Love the baby countdown--congrats:)