Tuesday night we heard a very distinct cry come from the boys room and Caleb headed to David to be loved better. After a few minutes, I realized that this was something abnormal and decided I'd better check it out. Caleb usually is satisfied with a band-aid or kiss to make things better, but he was really hurt this time, so he took some ibuprophen and I wrapped him up in a blanket with an ice pack in tow and headed to the urgent care in Tooele.
3 x-rays later and they determined that his arm was broken (a buckle break in the radius of his left arm). They splinted it up and sent us home - we would need to have a cast put on the next day at the drs office. We had a pretty rough night and morning, somehow it kept getting bumped ( I cannot really imagine why since Caleb is so fearless and the boys like to play rough).
We got into the drs office that afternoon and Caleb spent a lot of time debating which color he wanted. He was great about everything and such a trooper - the dr was amazing too! They even provided him with a sharpie (color of his choice) for everyone to sign his cast with.
He thought the cast was great until about 9:30 that night, when he woke up and wanted me to take him back to the dr to have it removed - his arm was all better and he didn't need it anymore. He is getting better about having it on, but I don't know how well he will survive the next 4 weeks.


1 comment:
I'm so glad you're alive!! I haven't seen or heard from you forever:) Poor Caleb, I'm just waiting for a cast with my wild ones.....
Post a Comment