9.22.2009

I'm still alive - barely

If any of you happen to see me wandering around in the same clothes I have been wearing for a week and I can't remember the last time I got a shower - well, this is why: The girls were at school, David had left for work, I had gotten Paisley to sleep, and the boys were playing in their room. I foolishly believed that I could get a quick shower - I closed the door to the bedroom where Paisley was sleeping and told the boys to stay out and leave her alone - I wasn't going to be long. As I was getting ready to get in, I could hear Caleb getting into something he shouldn't, and had to parade into their room in my birthday suit to get him out of it. I hurried back into the shower and took what I thought was a quick one. When I turned off the water I could hear Paisley crying and figured the door to the bedroom she had been sleeping in was open. I could also hear changes in her crying and knew that she wasn't in the bedroom anymore. I don't know which one of them got her out of the cradle, but I walked into their room and Caleb was laying on the floor with Paisley across his chest, trying to calm her down, but holding her face too close and she was freaking out. I also found out later that Luke had been carrying her around and "accidentally" dropped her on the floor. She is fine, no marks at all, but I think that is the end of my showering until she is at least 6 months old - sorry in advance to those who I run into!!

I can't believe that she is already 2 months old and is tipping the scales at over 10 lbs. The kids all love her! Haylee is stepping in as a second mother - she is really good with Paisley and is such a help wherever she is needed when I'm trying to balance the other things going on. Maddie is trying really hard to get the swing of things and helps where she can too. Luke is the most patient 4 year old I've ever seen with a baby. He amazes me when Paisley is crying in his ear and he tries to calm her - he does a great job and has been able to accomplish this several times and has even got her to sleep. Caleb loves her so much and is always kissing on her, but doesn't realize that she can't rough-house with him yet. He is always asking "Can I hold Paiswey?"

I think she has forgotten that she is not in the womb anymore - this is her favorite position to fall asleep in. We have tried to move her, and she wakes up and starts crying and won't settle down again until she gets back in this position. I hope she keeps her flexibility - I'm not sure where she got it from because neither David or I are very flexible.

My niece brought these funny glasses and we got these great pictures of Caleb and Paisley. Caleb is asleep - I don't know if he would have kept them on otherwise.

We got the news last week that David will be changing schedules again. We are so excited that he will be on a normal shift after 7 years of graves and swing and 1 year of days having to work weekends. He starts his new shift on Oct. 4 - he will be working Tues - Sat from 6 am to 2:30 pm. I am especially grateful because I didn't know how I was going to survive church starting in January when we switch to the 1:00 schedule. David wouldn't have been able to go to church at all with us and I didn't know how to do sacrament with all 5 kids and still nursing. Haylee will be leaving primary in December and Caleb will come in in January and I was really worried about how to balance my duties in the presidency with a new baby and a new sunbeam. Whew - I'm glad I won't be doing in on my own anymore!! However - referring to my showering story - don't know when I will fit in a shower with him gone by 5 am 5 days a week - anyone who knows me, knows I won't be getting up that early - even for a shower!!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Your kids are too cute! I totally know how the showering thing is. The twins are almost 18 months and I still have to get up before Roger leaves to shower or I just might not get one. I have snuck one in once in a while if I have gotten them down for a nap at the same time. If Jackson is home he has to be sleeping too or I have to worry about what he is doing to the babies and he is 5! He doesn't purposely try to be too rough but he just is. Maybe you can catch a shower when the hubby gets home even though half the day is over by then.

Kayla said...

Haha those glasses are so funny, I had a pair like that.