10.14.2009

Am I really that old?

Yesterday I was at the distribution center with mom and GeNille. GeNille and I were waiting for mom to finish buying her stuff and were just chatting (I had Paisley with me, too) and a woman asked how old she was. I told her she was almost 3 months and then she asked if she was my granddaughter - can you believe it?! I was horrified!!

I guess when Paisley is a teenager and thinks I am ancient anyway, I can back up her claims by telling her I was mistaken for her grandmother when she was 3 months old. How terrible!!

Maybe I should be looking into the cost of a facelift - or maybe someone has an alternative suggestion that won't be quite so expensive.

6 comments:

Gennifer said...

HAHAHA!

I know, I shouldn't laugh, but it's not nearly as bad as being taken for your sister's mom, when you are 22 and she is 19. Yikes.

Gennifer said...

P.S. I like your background!

Teresa said...

You DO NOT look old!! I saw you yesterday and you looked darling and young and hip! (I had so much fun--let's do it again!!)

Haylee said...

teresa is right!!! you should do it again and this time....maybe....i don't know.....INVITE ME!!!!

Anonymous said...

OH BROTHER! You do not look that old!!! Aren't most the people that work in there old and seinial (sp?) anyway??? I promise I am coming over next week if we're all healthy--here she is 3 months old. I am a terrible friend:)

Glorilyn said...

I think we've all experienced the inappropriate age (or the equally horrific pregnancy) questions. I always prefer to think of it as faulty eyesight, or moronic IQ on the part of the stranger.

Just wait until Paisley starts asking you things like..."How much does it cost for someone to live in a rest home?", when she's only in 2nd grade! I think mom has you beat.:)