We are so happy to have her finally here. She arrived on Monday, July 20 at 12:58 pm. She weighed 5lbs 14oz and measured 19 inches long.

We weren't planning on her coming until Tuesday, but my dr called at 7:15 Monday morning and thought we were coming in then. When I told him we were planning for the next day, he gave us the option of coming in on Monday anyway and I wasn't about to pass that up. We got to the hospital around 9:15 and my dr checked me [still at a 3 :( ] and broke my water around 10:30. I got my epidural (no, I didn't sign up for the pain, I was doing this as easily as possible - I learned that after trying to go without on the first two) at 11:15 and just sat back and let nature do it's thing. My nurse came in to check me a little after 12 and said I was at an 8 and she would if I felt like I needed to be checked again, to let her know. About 5 minutes later she was back and said she needed to check me again - surprise - I was ready. She called my dr and told him to run over (he was across the street at his office) I was ready to deliver. 3 contractions later she arrived - cord wrapped tightly around her neck, but tiny and perfect. We are especially thankful for our dr to monitor us both so closely, he said it was a good thing we got her out - her cord was really small (about the size of a plastic straw) and wasn't sure if she would have continued to thrive if she was left until the due date.

She is such a sweet baby and really doesn't cry. She has been sleeping at night for 3-4 hours at a time (thank goodness for that!!) and has taken to nursing like a champ. The kids all love her and want to hold her all the time. Caleb is only interested for a few minutes at a time, Luke is fascinated with her and Maddie and Haylee want to be her other moms. They have all been such great helpers - I hope it continues after David goes back to work tomorrow. I have been given strict instructions to not clean, cook or drive for at least 2 weeks - I might make it one, but it's great to have helpers who are capable of doing a lot.
2 comments:
YAY! Pictures! Look at those chubby cheeks! :)
She is darling Gina. Way to go!
Post a Comment